Competition time ?
Foodies Festival is a national series of festivals founded in 2005, and now has 13 festivals across the UK.
They’ve finally added Newcastle to their list of tour dates which might go some way to filling the hole that EATNewcastleGateshead leaves (what’s the craic with that?). It’s a 3 day affair in Exhibition Park, so with this sun we’ve been having, hopefully it’ll be a cracker.
All your usual food festival stuff, cooking demos, street food, etc. and joining the list of famous faces at the event is Candice from the GBBO, baking in the Cakes & Desserts Theatre. There’s loads more going on including:
- Healthy Living, with talks from experts on intolerances and such
- Chef’s Theatre, feat. a certain Michelin-starred chef…
- Grow Your Own, demoing grown herbs etc. at home
- Summer Workshops, with a food&drink based twist
- Cooking with Critters, including a bug eating contest
- Drinks Theatre, with this year’s theme being rum
- Street Food Avenue, vendors TBC…
- Producers Market, vendors TBC…
- Kids Cookery School, for the bairns to make “strawberry ladybirds” and more.
…and loaaaaads more, so it should be a busy event. Once I know a little more about who’s on, etc. I will update this ?. Have a look at the official website in the meantime to get more of a flavour of what some of the past events have been like: http://foodiesfestival.com/newcastle-food-festival/
Win: VIP Tickets for the Newcastle Foodies Festival
The organisers have kindly given me 5 pairs of VIP tickets to giveaway – just fill out the form below.
VIP tickets are worth £38 each and include a glass of fizz, entry to the VIP area with refreshments, snacks, tea and coffee, a tote goody bag, a show guide, and priority entry to all food & drink masterclasses. Not too shabby! Just leave your details, below to enter.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Winners will be selected at random on 16 May at 12:00PM. Best of luck!
Foodies Festival Newcastle is 2-4 June 2017 in Exhibition Park